Press “Continue” to read brief answers to the questions most frequently asked.
– Tax Year 2016
– Tax Year 2007 - 2015
- Who must file?
- What is the filing deadline?
- What do I do to obtain an extension?
- Can someone help me prepare my Sebring Tax return?
- What is earned income?
- What income is not taxable?
- Is local withholding tax based on work location or residency?
- How do I know my employer is withholding the correct amount of local tax?
- What is my employer is not required to withhold local tax for me?
- What if I overpay my estimated payments?
- How often are refunds processed?
- Do I receive credit for any other local tax withheld?
- How do I tell the difference between local tax and school tax withheld from my wages?
- Where do I file my school tax?
- What attachments are needed with the return?
- What if I can’t locate my supporting documents?
- I’m self employed but my business did not show a profit. Do I still need to file a return?
- If my spouse and I file separately at the federal / state level, should we file separately on the municipal level?
- I owe local tax but I am unable to pay the full liability when my return is due. Should I still file my return?
- Why was my return mailed back to me?
- What are the top 10 mistakes made when filing local returns?
- What do I do to amend a return?
If you have a question that was not addressed, please contact the Sebring Income Tax Office @ #330-938-2441.